CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Blech!

Happy belated Christmas and New Years to the few people who actually read this silly blog of mine. I've been thinking this week about why anyone would possibly read this thing. Mine isn't as funny as Julianna's or Hannah's nor is it as deep and thought-provoking. It's just me saying what's on my mind in no semblance of an order. Who's interested in that? But I digress...

Things are good. I went to my parent's for Christmas and enjoyed myself for the first 7 days then I got a little homesick for Alaskaland. Yes, that's right, HOMEsick for Alaska. I guess this means I'm really growing up. I honestly didn't like not seeing mountains or any landscapes for that matter at all while I was in California. I LIKE living in this valley. I LIKE being surrounded by 3 mountain ranges and waking up to the sun rising over Pioneer Peak. You just can't get stuff like this in California... okay, at least not in Sacramento, I do know there are mountains in Cali, I just haven't seen much of them.

New Year's was alright. April and I made Jambalya (courtesy of our favorite Food Network show, Rachel Ray!) for ourselves and David and April's friend, Bristol, and surprisingly it turned out to be delicious! We went to church, played some board games and watched a 190degree view of the valley shooting off fireworks at midnight. Yes, I did get a New Year's kiss. Don't slap me and don't be disappointed. I don't know what's going on anymore than you do so let's just not go there right now. ...He's leaving in 7 weeks and frankly I'm quite sad about it. I'm going to miss him a lot and I'd really like to just spend as much time with him as I possibly can without people second-guessing my motives and/or my actions. We'll deal with those at another time.

See what I mean? This blog isn't quippy or funny or sarcastic... I'm going to stop right now and save you the agony of reading my ramblings any more ;)

2 comments:

hannah said...

Jamie I like your blog b/c it talks about real life.

Hannah

Dutch not German is said...

Jamie's blog is unique just like her! Woo-Hoo for Jamie's blog. We need to talk more, dear!!