CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm baaaaaaaack!

Taking vacations really tends to screw you over once you return to real life. I got back from Florida very early Sunday morning and have been trying my best to recover from all that had occurred both on vacation and before.

Prior to vacation, my good friend, David, returned home from the Air Force. Admittedly I was nervous about seeing him again yet I remained excited. It was good to find out that even though he's cleaned himself up a bit, he's still the same old David we all know and love. True, he got on my nerves a bit and he even managed to create a bit of drama too (sans Jamie that is!) But it was nice to finally realize that we are okay actually great as friends and just friends. But I was a bit disappointed that he and I didn't get to spend much time together so I (relucantly) turned down another ride offer and asked David to take me into the airport. And you know? It was probably one of the best conversations we've ever had-- and we've had MANY conversations over the years! Anywho, while I was in Florida he caught several different flights out to Japan where he will be stationed for the next few years. We've already heard from him several times. He's getting settled and looking forward to receiving some of my infamous Double Chocolate Banana Cake.

Vacation itself started out fantastically. I spent a few days with my beloved Julianna. Even though she was trying to recover from her Thanksgiving vacation, she put up with me just fine. After that, I traveled back to Orlando (after going to Tampa first-- stupid highways!) to pick up my sister at her apartment then my parents at the airport. Thus beginnith our Diney vacation! We spent 9 days together as a family (and Jules even spent some time with us too!) and while it was constantly eventful and fun, we've officially decided that my sister and I aren't allowed to be together for more than 4 days. We're currently trying to develop a sort of shift schedule for all future family vacations. Long story short: Erin and I are complete and total opposites in every way-- physically, emotionally, etc. We are able to be civil and even loving for a maximum of 4 days after which all civility stops and bitchyness consumes. Other than that, vacation was wonderful. I really honestly truly LOVE spending time with my parents even if it is only 9 days a year.

So now I find myself back home (yes, Alaska is my home) trying my best to get back into the swing of things. During staff meeting yesterday I nearly had a heartattack when I realized Christmas is literally two weeks away. CRAZINESS!! So while I'd like to take my time recovering and easing back into it, I need to get on the ball. It's back to the schedules and the stresses and the disappointments of this ministry.

In case I don't get back soon enough-- I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

0 comments: