CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Pride Parade

Being proud is not something I generally feel. Yes, I'm happy but proud? Eh. Pride tends to have an air about it to which I generally try not to subscribe. But today? Today is different.


Since February, I've been working out hard-core. Not for any particular reason other than the fact that, in September, my "lady doctor" yelled at me (yes, really) for gaining 5 pounds last year. So, I've been ellipticalling and lifting for a few months. A bit discouraging is the fact that I've lost very little weight compared to what I should lose. But, this is where the pride comes in...

Last week, I leg-pressed 450 pounds.

Today, I ellipticaled 5 consecutive 10-minute (or less) miles. (A goal I've had for a LONG time!) AND my trainer told me someone waived him down last week to say how impressed they were with my workout.

It may not seem like much and you really can't see much of a difference in my very round physique but I'm pretty proud of myself.

3 comments:

tiapugh said...

that is super hard-core.

you should be proud!

i am impressed and a wee bit afraid of you. :)

Moose-Tipping said...

A few points:

1) I just now read this post. Somehow I missed it before.

2) I don't think "ellipticaling" is a word, but props for the effort.

3) If your "lady doctor" yelled at you for gaining 5 pounds last year, she'd yell at me a helluva lot more for the weight I've gained (and the bourbon I've consumed that has caused the weight gain).

4) I've noticed the changes.

5) Tia, you SHOULD be afraid. Very afraid. God knows I am.

Moose-Tipping said...

Oh, and 6) It's "waved", not "waived". :-P