CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Week

This past week, dear bloggers, has been superb!

Last Thursday I took the afternoon off to go play in the sun and the snow. While we planned on snowshoeing around Eklutna Lake, the snowshoes weren't so necessary. Along with the 47 degree temperatures we had that day, Philip and I actually felt a WARM breeze while "snowshoeing" beside the frozen lake. We did take some wonderful pictures though...




So, it was a fun trip despite Philip not feeling so well (I could post a picture of that, but he wouldn't like that so much and contrary to popular opinion I am nice sometimes!)

Then, due to the abnormally warm temperatures that quickly sunk back into the 20s, April & I spent most of Saturday chipping our driveway free of iced-over ruts so that we could actually get up the driveway. Three-hours later we decided we were finished. The driveway could still use a bit of maintenance but it'll do for now. The rest of my Saturday was spent with Philip, who went with me to see "Beauty & The Beast" and then to Carrs to purchase vast amounts of snacks for the kiddos who invaded my house on Sunday afternoon to watch the Colts dominate the Bears!! Woo-hoo!!

I had in impromptu lunchdate with April on Monday and bought two uber-cute pairs of shoes too! Tuesday brought about the first session of Weekday School (a once-a-month after-school program for elementary aged kids), which went well, and a dinner date with Philip :) I do believe I successfully wooed him with my BBQ cups (if you don't know what they are, you're missing out!) because he fell asleep shortly after eating and didn't wake up in time to make his curfew. But, you know, I love nights like that. Sometimes stressful days turn into wonderful nights spent in quiet solitude with someone whom you care for a lot. And that's precisely what happened.

So, that basically brings us to today. I'm not feeling 100% but I'm sucking it up for Jesus so the kiddos can learn just a little bit more about Him :) I better get to doing my job!!

2 comments:

Moose-Tipping said...

I-would-like-to-point-out-that-you-put-hyphens-in-the-weirdest-places.

Moose-Tipping said...

Dangit... it cut me off.

(continuing from previous post)

...s-in-the-weirdest-places.