CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 02, 2009

Design Help Needed!!

One of the major conflicts we've had since getting married is in regards to interior design. Now, I think I have a pretty good eye and taste in furniture and such. Philip does too. Unfortunately, our senses don't necessarily meld all the time. That said, lately we've been trying to find bedding we both like enough to purchase so we can actually re-do the bedroom at some point in the new future. When you take into account our different senses + two dogs... not much is left. 


So, we found these in the JCPenney catalogue. The curtains are "chocolate chip" (brown, gold, blue) and the quilt is "moroccan spice" (blue, brown, rust and terra cotta)... 

How do we feel about these? Do the "go" or no?




8 comments:

brnh said...

I like the curtains a lot, but what I'd really like to see in a bed spread is that icy blue color maybe with a thick brown border sort of like this or this or this. Sadly those are all duvet covers, but that does mean they can be washed when your dogs get them all dirty because that's probably why you're staying away from light colors. :-) Or you could just do dark chocolate like this and do a light icy blue on the walls. Thanks for letting me ramble, I really want to get married again so I can pick out bedding and everything for registries...

brnh said...

PS I do think you're on the right track of finding things both you guys like. Good job. :-)

tiapugh said...

i think they are different styles. the curtains seem pretty modern and the bedding isn't so much. I'd pick a big pattern on the bedding OR the curtains but maybe not both.

hannah said...

I'm not a big fan of the bedspread. I really like the curtains. Have you checked out what target has in way of bedding? They usually have cute stuff, and now that you have it in Alaska, you can actually go and by it in the store!

Jamie Lynn said...

Thanks, ladies!

I pretty much agree with all of you. Finding bedding is difficult but I'm sure it's out there.

Thanks for the suggestions, Bethany! I'll have to run those past Philip (he's tough) but I really like the blue with the squiggly lines...

Tia- they are different styles. That's why I wanted to get y'all okay first... which I didn't BUT that's okay 'cause I was questioning it anyway.

lubke-moss said...

I'd say either solid curtains or solid on the bedding, but not patterns on both. I like brnh's idea of icy blue. You could also find some really cool accent pillows and pile them on. :) Take what I say with a grain of salt though. I love interrior decor, I just wish I was better at it and had more money to spend on it.
BTW: HAVE FUN in Ireland!!! That is so exciting. I'm a bit jealous. :)

Moose-Tipping said...

For the record, I don't see our difference in interior design tastes as a "major conflict"...

Kristin said...

I like all of brnh's suggestions. The two items are different styles. Good luck!