CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 09, 2004

It's finally Friday! Not that this week has been horrible, it's just that Friday's always seem a bit better than the other days :)

This week went quickly actually. Our Wednesday hike was supposed to be to the base of Matanuska Peak, a mere 4 miles one way... but me being me decided to tackle the actual peak which involved another 4 miles (round trip) that was nearly all verticle... Now, although my name is in the official sign-in book on the top, I didn't reach it-- 1,000 feet shy!!-- but the loose shale was started to scare the blankety-blank out of me. You get the picture. Needless to say, I feel muscles in my legs I never knew were there... and, if you can believe it, my calves are more buff! I know!! But it's true ;)

Let's see... this weekend we have our final National Youth Gathering meeting then next week while I'm preparing for the children's message and children's church and commissioning service on the 18th, I'm also taking kids on a day trip to Soldotna to visit the only DQ in the entire state (that's 4 hours away... wish me luck!). Busy week but then I get to go to the Gathering which I'm totally psyched about! We're leaving Anchorage on my birthday (that's the 20th for those of you who can't remember!) and coming back on the 31st. We're part of the DELI gathering which is why we're so early...

Anywho, I'm starting to get very lonely here in the great state of Alaska so PLEASE send me an email, or snail mail, or CALL ME... something... please... :)

~Jamie

0 comments: