CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 23, 2005

SAVE THE RHINOS!

I sincerely believe that everyone needs a Spoda in their lives. Truly.

A good Spoda should never be put to waste. Spoda's (and their Kettle counterparts) are invaluable to anyone in need of a good whack across the head with a steel I-beam. Realize though that it might take the better part of 5 years before the I-beam recipient renders her Spoda speechless by agreeing to advice such as this...

I need you girls to understand that guys would rather be run over by rhinos that
are ablaze then to tell a girl they are not really that into them. They DO NOT
under any circumstance wnat to confront an issue like that. They will be with
someone and treat them awfully, or ignore thier calls, or date other girls, but
they WILL NOT tell a girl they just don't like her that much. They are terrified
of what will happen. They would much rather put on a charade until she calls it
off, cause then they know she won't freak out or cry or anything. BLAZING RHINOS would be a better fate.

And though it saddens me to all get out I realize my beloved Spoda (and agreeable Kettle) are referring to my endlessly confusing and harsh relationship with the one and only David Daniel Bower.

"Faith without works is dead" says the apostle Paul to James... What say you to that, Jamie?

Ah. Good question. Glad you asked. Remember that Firey Rhinos scenario from above? Yeah well change the he's to she's and the girls to boys and you've got yourself a bonafide picture of me. YES, I admit that I'd rather run from the blazing rhinos (who are surprisingly fast actually...) than confront my issues with David. Yet, my beloved Spoda reminds me, one of us has to overcome the rhinos otherwise nothing will get resolved. Break-down of communication is one of the leading causes of divorce and even though David and I aren't married this break-down of communication, this avoidance of situation, is killing whatever love we have left.

So why not just suck it up and deal with the situation before the whole whale is killed? Well you see (1)Rhinos are REALLY hard to suck up and (2)I've sucked it up for so long now that there isn't anything left to suck on. Pretty horrible, huh? I've sucked up these emotions for so long that I've ended up choosing to be this unhappy and this hurt. I've chosen to believe that he feels the same things I feel and who am I to put words into his mouth? Yes, he probably would rather have those firey rhinos than me at his doorstep but I know exactly what I'm going to do...
SAVE THE RHINOS!!
Seriously. I am. Next time I see him this will be the topic of conversation. I refuse to be the Pot calling the Kettle black anymore. (Kettle's keeping her promise to me, so I'll keep this one!) I'm done. I've lost almost all of my emotions due to this and I'm tired of being like this. I mean, what's a Cancer without her emotions?

And you know what's really ironic... after having two lovely conversations with my two best friends today, I stumble upon this paragraph about our astrological signs:
The Aquarian's chilly rationality upsets the sentimental moonchild, who craves
intense emotion. These two signs are so alien to one another their relationship
practically develops an allergic rash on contact. Aquarius values reality;
Cancer trusts only intuition. Soon misunderstanding has settled in, widening the
gap in the couple. In this struggle, the broken heart is always that of the
moonchild. Be forewarned and proceed at your own risk: the stars frown on any
union of these two signs.

Go figure, huh? Maybe this astrology stuff really does mean something...

2 comments:

hannah said...

Pot
I love you! Know that I'm here for you at all times, no matter what happens.

Kettle ;)

Dutch not German is said...

Spoda is proud of her protagy. My the force be with you as you approach non-mullet mullet boy. Live long and my your rhino's prosper!