CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

For your knowledge...

Ah, the clamoring has returned once more. Hard to believe some people expect others to post so often when they know how busy life gets...

Life, as I said, is busy. We're slowly but surely getting into the full swing of things at church. Starting that first week of October, we'll officially be into the full swing of things since Confirmation starts that week. (Which reminds me of something to add to my to-do list...) Sunday was the first Sunday School class (19 were there!) and the first FISH event of the fall, where my ordinary group of 4 youth multiplied to 13!! Hallelujah! I'm looking forward to see how many show up tonight at Youth Night... my typical 3-5 is getting kinda old especially for those regulars. Thirteen-twenty certainly would widen my ideas base.

I'm terribly excited about my sunday School staff-- mainly because I no longer have to teach every week. I love my high schoolers, don't get me wrong, but it's nice for them to have other adults to lean on as well. (After all, isn't a DCEs job to work oneself out of it?) So we'll take turns each week teaching a different lesson from the Student Life Bible Study-- Christ Series. VERY excited for the kiddos to get a bit more in depth even on a Sunday morning.

I've also been toying with the idea of adding a Tuesday morning coffeehouse thing to our schedule. Haven't quite worked it all out yet but I thought we could maybe do a "book club" type thing reading something of interest to them (i.e. Case for Christ or Next Door Savior or even some fiction like Eli or Narnia) OR we can just do a simple morning devotioning thing. Of course this would mean Jamie'd have to get up MUCH earlier and be ready to lead. We'll see if that happens.

Enough of the shop talk.

Life outside the office is good too. My folks bad it back safely from their 2 weeks in Greece. Hopefully they'll share pictures so I can have a taste of what to expect when I go there in November as part of the Holy Land tour I'm taking (YAY!). I haven't really seen my roommate all that much but we have started our Sunday afternoon Bible study crew again. We're starting a Bible study looking at what the future holds so I'm excited. If you're in the area, feel free to join us. Otherwise, be jealous. The boy is great too. It seems he is quite patient with me and my episodes of being a high-maintenence girlfriend, which hopefully end rather soon because frankly I'm getting tired of it. We've officially reinstated our Tuesday date nights which makes me happy. For some reason I actually like spending time with this guy. Go figure.

In other news, it's doctor appointment time for Jamie. This is typically the time of year where I found out something bad and have to start new medications. Ugh. Let's just pray all goes well with the blood work being done today, the appointment tomorrow and the one next Wednesday. Of course I'm kinda expecting Dr Barnes to yell at me for my blood sugar levels and possible beginning of the Potts Family Blessing (aka diabetes) but that'll have to wait until Wednesday.

Until then I'm going to sit back and enjoy the snow covered mountains. Yes. That does say snow. It's exciting and depressing at the same time. I love winter but I'm not nearly prepared enough for it right now.

Whew. The clamoring has stopped. Which means I can stop typing... for now. Blessings!

1 comments:

Moose-Tipping said...

You know, if I didn't know any better, I would think your first paragraph alluded to me... hmmm...