CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 24, 2007

No Explanation Necessary

People always ask me how I came to be a Director of Christian Education, why I would choose a career that makes no money, deals with people and has absolutely no time off?

I have no summer break.
I have no weekends.
I make pennies an hour (if that).
My life is an open book.
I'm constantly "on-call".

Yes, there are days when I hate my job. Every excruciating moment of it. And, honestly, I think those days out number the good. But...

The days that are good... are GREAT.
The days they "get it"... are AMAZING.
The days they relate with one another... are FANTASTIC.
The days when you feel God working... are STUPENDOUS.

Maybe someday those days will be like this:



It sounds ridiculous that I'd want kids to call my home and leave messages all the time. It sounds insane. I know. But I want it. Like the boy wants a dog team, I want to be there for these kids. I want them to feel like my home and I are a safe place for them to be...

I may not be going to Canada in November, but I love this promo. It explains a lot... not everything I want for my life (that's another post) but one thing at least.

2 comments:

lubke-moss said...

Yeah. I think you guys are slightly insane, but in a good way. I could never do what you do. God has made all kinds I guess, because Nick says that he thinks I'm slightly insane doing what I do. I guess that's really all it takes to convince me of vocational calls. :)

hannah said...

I think that insanity is just assumed when it comes to youth workers. Really, I mean, I LOVE long trips (in the van with my kiddos singing kelly clarkson at the top of their lungs), I love the late nights, the quality time, and for the most part I love every bit about the obnoxious high school and middle school mentality.