CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Why Do I Do This?!

Just like Jules, Hannah's been bothering me to blog too. I guess blogs about beautiful shoes just aren't quite enough for the Hannahlysizer. (Oh, yes, I just made that up!) But, just like Jules lamented I'm quite busy too. However, I'm still me which means I'll take up any moment to procrastinate. Thus, I'm blogging about my next six weeks of church/personal events... bullet style! (I started doing this day by day but got to next Thursday and figured y'all didn't need to know all of that so I reverted to summarizing)

  • Top Secret Appointments (Mondays & Thursdays through April)
  • HS Game Night (February 29)
  • HS Good Friday Planning (Every Friday until March 21)
  • Church Board Meetings: Family & Childrens, Education & Youth (March 2 & 9)
  • Children's Messages & Children's Church (1 & 3 Sundays)
  • Doctor's Appointment & Bloodwork
  • Weekday School (1st Tuesday of every month)
  • MS Confirmation (Wednesdays)
  • HS Youth Night & Bible Study (Wednesdays)
  • All Alaska Lutheran Youth Gathering (March 7-9)
  • HS & MS Alyeska Ski Trip
  • CLYFR (March 13-16)
  • Maundy Thursday (March 20-- set up for GFS after)
  • Good Friday Service (March 21-- HS in charge)
  • Easter Festival (March 22-- 10-Noon)
  • Easter Sunday (All. Freakin'. Day.)
  • MS Confirmation Final Test (March 26)
  • MS Confirmand Testing & Freshman Initiation (March 28)
  • MS ACYB Retreat (March 28-29)
  • MS Confirmation Day (March 30)
  • Hatcher Pass Family Day (March 30)
  • HS FISH @ St John (March 30)
  • HS FISH @ Our Redeemer (April 6)
  • Chapel Talk @ Matanuska Christian School (April 9)
  • Movie Night (2nd Saturdays)
  • Church Board Meetings (2nd Sundays)
  • HS Spring Regreat (April 18-19)
  • Gretchen's Wedding (April 19 +2 days of travel)
  • HS FISH @ Lamb of God (April 20)
  • BREATHE!!

After all of that, I have approximately 4 weeks of a "normal" schedule before things start picking back up again with conferences, vacation, VBS and Kaleidoscope.

Why do I do this?!

5 comments:

Moose-Tipping said...

At first I thought I was being left out of the loop on the "top secret meetings" on Mondays and Thursdays... then I realized what they were.

For those of you wondering, they're not nearly as exotic as she's making them out to be. :-P

hannah said...

I want to know what the top secret meetings are!

Jamie Lynn said...

MT- No one said anything about them being exotic.

H- I had no idea you were such a curious person-- commenting here AND texting me... geesh...

Ingrid said...

"Why do I do this?"
Well, because since I've known you...you've faithfully loved and served some stellar and outstanding kids in Ak and more importantly, you faithfully serve your Savior. Of course the schedule is INSANE. It makes no sense, is inconvenient, and really creates hurdles to conquer daily in your own scheduling...but seriously, you kick butt at your calling, sister. Keep up the good work!

Sarah said...

Jamie J-
First...LOVE THE HAIR (it's been a while since I blogged or read blogs).
Second...LOVE THE SHOES! Buy them anyway...you can just cut back on essentials like toothpaste for the next few months to make up for it? :)
Third...you're a busy lady, I suggest breathing before the end of the list otherwise you could go a LONG time without breathing and that's bad!