CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Liars, All of Them!

I have been deceived. My parents and this girl have been planning behind my back for months. They've lied and cheated their way through many conversations. But I guess I'll forgive them.




I mean, they were lying to keep up the rouse that this wasn't coming until after our June trip to California. The were lying to keep the suspense. To keep the surprise.

And BOY, did they. Talk about the shock of a lifetime!

You can read his whole backstory later but I'll go ahead and share my naivete now.

It was our regular date night and we had plans to stay in Eagle River and make Halibut Chowder for dinner. But I got a call that afternoon from him saying that he was feeling cooped up and wanted to get outside and take pictures. I said okay. (Naivete #1) We met at my house and drove up to Hatcher Pass where we walked on the snow toward the Independence Mine. It was COLD so he decided to stop and set up his tri-pod to take some photos of the valley. (Naivete #2: He was snapping 'em pretty quickly so that should've tipped me off!) He started fumbling around in his backpack for more camera equipment but when he stood up he said, "Would you try this on for me?"


To which I replied, "Are you kidding me?!" Several times. Over and over.

He did get on his knee and I did say "yes" and we couldn't be happier!

6 comments:

brnh said...

Yay! I was in suspense because of "this girl". I'm glad it was special for you. Congratulations!

kleinbeck said...

Congratulations!!

Ingrid said...

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, how exciting!!!

Lindsey said...

Congrats Jamie! Han showed me your facebook pictures...y'all look so happy and your ring is beautiful!

Sarah said...

YAY Jamie J!

tiapugh said...

best story ever,
and totally sweet ring!

how exciting!