CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 01, 2008

Hits & Highlights

It seems like literally centuries since I last posted something of actual value and not just an email quip or a video. Alas, you won't be getting substance much today either. Instead, I will leave you with a bulleted version of my summer. Since I last blogged...

  • I went to Fairbanks on a 3-day retreat with some of my kiddos.
  • I spent a week worrying about my fiance and his friend, Rob, as they hiked the Chilkoot Trail (aka "Golden Staircase") much too early in the season. They completed it but not without some awesome stories: "I was lying there trying not to die." ~Rob
  • I spent a week in California with my fiance and my folks. We galavanted all through the Napa & Sonoma Valley as well as San Francisco and Santa Cruz. Ultimately, it was a good trip, my dad approves of the boy and we got to play with a kick @$$ boat/submarine he got for Father's Day.
  • Upon returning from Cali I promptly jumped into a week of VBS. We did it in the evening again this year and, I thought, it was great. CPHs curriculum could've been better but it was nice overall. And, yes, that is a picture of me sleeping in the food-donation tent.
  • I watched a former youth of mine get married. Weird.
  • I "survived" 3 weeks without the boy. And by "survive" I mean I was finally able to clean his house and do all the laundry that'd been on the floor since we started dating. I had to buy 120 hangers. End of story.
  • I worked sound at another very interesting wedding at which the least interesting thing was that they played "Firecracker" as their recessional.
  • Celebrated my 26th birthday. (Thanks, Jules, for that great pic!)
  • Spent a week with 32 high schoolers at an incredible camp
    called "Kaleidoscope". We looked indepth at what it means to Follow Jesus. Plus, we got to watch NOOMA videos, which I wish everyday I could afford to purchase.

Now, things are slowing down. I get to focus a bit more on the wedding and Fall church activities. Things wedding-wise are going well. I had my first & final dress fitting on Tuesday, we've got tuxes reserved, a caterer, florist and baker on deposit, and RSVPs coming everyday. (TODAY is the day to RSVP so you better be doing that!) I can't explain how excited I am to finally be married and settled with Philip. No more of this driving all the time and staying at one house when I wish I was at another.

Anywho, though it's slowing down there are still lots of things coming up. I promise to try to be better about posting regularly. If you'd like more details about any of the bullets, comment and I'll write a better blog.

Love y'all!

0 comments: