CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A La Hannahlysis

This Weekend Was:
I was in Houston for the Youth Ministry Symposium on the Spirituality of Adolescents. It was a lot of information (and numbers!) to take in and apply but I think that Lisa Kimball, John Oberdeck and Craig Oldenberg did an awesome job. Plus I got to reconnect with some college friends (Vanessa!) and some even older friends (Shawn!). If you take out the 6-hour-fuel-related delay on my way home, it was great... even though I did miss the hubs...
Where I Am:
In my office in Palmer staring out the window at all the dirty snow.
To-Do List:
(I'll just copy from my actual list) Confirmation Prep, YNBS Prep, Armor of God BS, Breakfast BS prep & reminder, Middle School Ice Skating Event, Homer Lock-In info to kids, AALYG meeting set-up, research CUNE visit dates, find email for new youth board folk, add THREE BOYS to Confirmation class, READ books for class and a partridge in a pear tree!
Procrastinating About:
Pretty much everything above AND reading my books for class (see below)
Book I’m Reading:
For fun: The Twilight Series (just started book four);
For class: Pedagogy of the Oppressed and Leadership in Something-or-another

Music Caught My Interest:
The new Darius Rucker songs are awesome. I can't believe Hootie & the Blowfish is now on country radio!
Next trip:
This weekend (Saturday thru Monday) to Homer, AK with the kiddos in one of my TWO new vans!
My Feelings On This Week:
I'm feeling a bit crazed at the moment. LOTS to do and only so much time to do it. Plus, grad school officially started today so that means I actually have to STOP reading the book I want to read to START reading the books I have to read in order to actually participate in class. Ugh.

1 comments:

hannah said...

You started TWILIGHT! I'm so proud of you. I read them this summer.

Do they make you feel kind of silly for reading them? Like I read them in 2 weeks or so and I felt a little ridiculous. Like, "this story line is so goofy, but I can't help reading them and buying the next one... quick where is my costume so I can buy them in secret at Target?"