CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sun, Surf & Sweat

Week one of our Journey to Florida is officially over. Well, officially it was over yesterday morning but we stopped alot on our way back to Orlando. Hello Daytona 500, World's Largest Harley-Davidson and Orlando Science Center! Woot!

I started this blog with the intention of telling you everything about our mission trip to Daytona Beach. But, I've found that words cannot describe how the 23 of us left feeling yesterday. These kids, these wonderful, fantastic, awesome kids have been changed tremendously by now fault of mine. It's all God here. He has worked miracles. Changing a group of 18 strangers into a family (who talks & bickers like they've loved each other for years!) So, ultimately, I'm not sure what to say to convey the truth of this trip so far. I suppose the best way to say it is I better buy nametags 'cause parents aren't going to recognize their kids!

But now, I better get ready to wake up the children. It's the first time they've been able to sleep-in this week so I can't decide if I want to wake them up gently or by my oh-so-lovely rendition of "The Birdie Song"...

Waaaaayyyyyy UP in the sky, the little birds fly...

1 comments:

hannah said...

you know, I never had to sing the little birdie song once. I forgot. Oh well.

It was fantastic running into you this Gathering (waaaay more than last time, eh?)

Heart you!