CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Welcome to 2008, my friends!

I realize I'm a whole day (or two) late with the welcoming but most of you have lived in 2008 much longer than I have thanks to time zones. So I figured a day late gives me time to catch up.

There weren't any big rip-roarin' parties for me this year (or ever come to think of it) just a quiet day. I'm currently house/dog-sitting so I spent the morning caring for Bucky then drove into Anchorage to get some pictures I bought in Israel framed. Then I came home, cleaned the house, went to church (where I usherd for the first time ever!), bought dessert at the request of the boy, and had a YUMMY dinner-- champagne baked halibut, cheese risotto and salad! Nothin' better than a boy who can cook :)

He promptly fell asleep before midnight and I couldn't wake him up for the life of me so I celebrated the strike of midnight watching the fireworks through my window with him passed out on my right arm. Festive, huh?


Nevertheless, I think 2008 will be a great year-- even better than '07 I'm sure. In fact, I'm sure it'll be a beautiful year as soon as I can figure out where I can get someone to add said 'beauty'. Afterall, it was my idea first but Jules beat me to it. So if any of you are in Alaska or know a good artist, let me know! It's from my favorite Bible verse (Isaiah 52:7-- On the bottom of this page) and I've wanted it since before I graduated from High School-- nearly EIGHT years! Yikes, I'm old.


Well, I pray all of you had a blessed celebration of the end of '07 and have a wonderful '08!

2 comments:

Moose-Tipping said...

Hey, I think I've got a sewing needle and some pen ink around here somewhere...a

kleinbeck said...

yikes! having never done research on tattoo parlors, I would google it and see if you find a site that gives rankings of any sort. that would at least give you a starting point.

but in the end, go for it!