CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 30, 2004

2005 Already?!

It seems like just yesterday that I was driving up the Al-Can Highway with my mom enroute to Palmer for the first time. Now it's nearly January. It's crazy how fast 6 months goes by nowadays! Whew!

Christmas in California was great. It was nice to be with family for the holidays and it was nice to enjoy NoCal's "suspended snow"(a.k.a. fog). Being back there reaffirmed a few things-- that my sister is still the center of attention and that we're spoiled rotten! Not that I'm complaining...

Well, I'm in the midst of planning events and writing lessons... actually, that's what I'm supposed to be doing. Instead, I'm doing what I'm best at: procrastinating. Honestly though, I am thinking about the things I need to do!! PROMISE! Lessons and events aside, things here are going well. This next month is going to be a short one for me-- I have a two-day lock-in down in Homer over MLK, Jr weekend then I'm back in Palmer until after Confirmation on the 19th then it's off to Nebraska (via Oklahoma City!) for Mid-Year Conference at Concordia. I'm also teaching some Adult Bible study classes on Sunday morning (don't ask if I've planned those yet) and hoping to develop a training session for Children's Church. We'll see... I haven't had much interest.

Let's see... what else...

Well, for those of you who don't already know, I do have a boyfriend. (Shocking, I know!) David and I have been seeing each other since beginning of October and it's going great. If you want more information, please feel free to ask. We haven't really told anyone and have only recently agreed to let folks up here know about us. We've been trying to avoid as much ridicule as possible but are tired of omitting the truth from everyone! So, the truth is out. Yay!
(NOTE: I've posted a picture of the two of us below for those of you who are visual learners!)

I'm terribly excited about seeing my intern friends and my underclassmen friends in just a few weeks. I'm flying into OKC to spend some time prior to Mid-Year with Hannah and some time with Kristy, too. Then we're driving up to Omaha to pick up Jules to spend some quality time shopping at the various malls there. Then it's Mid-Year festivities time when I get to see all my other intern friends! Yay! Afterwards, the four of us (Hannah, Kristy, Jules and I) will drive through Topeka, spend some time there with the Shults family, then back to OKC so I can catch my Sunday night flight. It'll be a good time I'm sure. Can't wait!!

Alright. Enough updating. I hope each of you have an absolutely WONDERFUL, BLESSED and SAFE New Year! See you in 2005!!

0 comments: