CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 31, 2004

Burning Bushes

For weeks now-- seems longer-- I've been earnestly praying that God would just align the stars to form the word "stay" or "leave" just so this whole 'call' decision would be over with.

Essentially, I've known what I wanted to do since Thanksgiving but one thing was holding me back-- would I be staying for the right reasons? That is, do I just want to stay to be with David even though our relationship isn't of a serious nature or do I want to stay to be part of this amazing church & ministry? But I really am more concerned with the David-factor. It's been hard trying to answer these questions. I've been hard on myself... trying to answer those honestly... talking to my friends and family about it...

Then yesterday I got an email from Michele Ludwig, who is one of my old youth leaders and also my Godson's mom. This is a direct quote from her email:
"Maybe God has put David in your life so you will not feel so isolated from family and friends. The emptiness is not as empty. If you think that way, then it's quite possible God wants you in Alaska. It's no coincidence that you ended up in Alaska after college. Your first mission trip was to Alaska. You were instrumental in arranging that mission trip for all of us. Life doesn't just happen, you know that."

Ding, ding, ding! Burning bush alert!

She's right. She's absolutely, positively right. The one thing holding me back is precisely what I need. I prayed so long for God to bring a friend into my life so I wouldn't suffer through the Alaskan winter alone... He sent David. And even if David and I never get to that "serious" marker in our relationship, that's okay. Because, life doesn't just happen.

0 comments: