CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Blessings

I've spent the past few days in absolute awe of how wonderful my life is right now. Seriously, I know we constantly make fun of the people who constantly speak this way but I figure I'm safe since most of my previous posts have been utterly depressing and shallow. Qualifiers aside I'll continue with my original thought...

Absolute awe, people. I'm in absolute awe of how much God has blessed my life recently. No, I'm not talking about the mass amounts of medical bills I now have to pay because of the stupid foot. No, I'm not talking about the struggles I've had with attendance. I'm talking about the other things in my life. My family (yes, my sister too), my church, my friends... all of it.

My family is quite possibly the most spread out you can possibly be while still living in the same country. California, Florida and Alaska are pretty far apart but when you talk to these people basically everyday via phone & email, the miles seem to shrink. Over the past few years, my parents have become more than that-- they're my friends... And I love that. I love that I can talk to them about pretty much everything (even if I don't).

One of the classic church songs ever is "What a Friend We Have In Jesus" (all our sins and griefs to bear!!!) But yesterday I got to thinking: What a Jesus We Have In Friends. Now, I don't know about you but it's true for me. I have the most wonderful friends, some further away than others, but each and every one of them are fantastic. Despite the distance, I know they all care about me and I know they'd do pretty much anything for me. THEN you throw into mix him... and my cup overfloweth :) I don't want to get all mushy on you but I will say this: If you would've told me three months ago that I'd be in this place, that I'd be this happy, I would've had you institutionalized.

I love this place. I love these people. I love him. And I love my God for giving me all of this.











6 comments:

Moose-Tipping said...

All seriousness aside, you do realize that that's about the most awful picture of me ever, right?

Jamie Lynn said...

Hey now, I like that picture... mainly because I look good in it. I mean, really, who (besides you) cares about what you look like?!

Moose-Tipping said...

Well, apparently all your friends do. I mean, how are they supposed to do a background check on me if I don't look like I actually look? (That sentence really didn't make much sense.)

mqzoeller said...

Jamie,
I am flattered to be one of your favorite people despite the fact that we´ve never met... or have we met? I don´t think we have, and that is one of my greatest regrets. Then again, if we have met, and I just don´t remember, then this writing this comment is my new greatest regret. In fact, perhaps in my own blog I will soon put a list of ¨Matt´s Greatest Regrets¨,and only you will understand completely number one. Number two will be, ¨not knowing how to put any kind of link or cool feature whatsoever on my blog like Jamie knows.¨
Good for you, working in Alaska, that seems cold and crazy to me, which makes it extra awesome. Thus, I am officially making you one of my favorite people as well.
Go Team Lutheran!

Dutch not German is said...

Oh MT, we can totally do background checks without a good picture. Believe you me, we have our ways. ;)

Jamie Lynn said...

Me+Love=Friends