CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 05, 2007

January's Suck

January has never been a good month for my family. When my dad was in high school, his dad (my Grandpa Al) died unexpectedly in January. January of '04, his mom (my Grandma B) died. January of '05, my 19 year old cat Smokey died. January of '06 my Grandma Potts died. And, now, January of '07 I get in a car accident.

Obviously, I'm okay (either that or I'm dictating to the nurse who is actually typing ;)) but my beloved Dean is not so okay. You can see some of the carnage below:

Hopefully it looks worse than it actually is. There wasn't anything leaking but I had it towed due to the strange smell it was giving off. Therefore it is undriveable meaning I have to get a rental car for less than $25/day... AND I have to have 4-wheel drive to get home so we'll see how that goes.

Overall, the accident itself wasn't horrible. The lady who I hit was really nice (and uninjured as well) and immediately admitted it was her fault-- something my Daddy always warned me against! We called the police who sent Officer Ridge out. He took pictures, cited her, and called me a tow truck. We towed it to church (for lack of a better place to take it) and Bristol picked me up.

Honestly, I'm VERY tired of talking about it since I've had to recount the accident 5-times to the insurance companies but I just thought those of you in blog-land might like to know. Hopefully I'll be able to get through the next 26 days without more horrible things happening...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW Jamie! I'm just glad you both are alright right!